Search

Custom Search

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Casual Wednesday's

On Wednesday, we had the option to dress casual if we paid $5. The money went to the American Heart Association. Since I am a giving person, I decided to donate the 5 bucks (by the way, I need my tax receipt so I can write it off). Typically I wear slacks and a dress shirt to wear. It usually takes me no time to get ready in the morning. Dress shirt, kinda matching slacks, black or brown shoes, and I'm out the door. For some reason, it took me at least twice as long to get ready. All I ever wear when I'm not at work is jeans, a t-shirt, and black converse. I think a lot of the extra time had to do with the fact that I had no clean clothes since I was out of town for a week. Secondly, it was cold outside so I had to decide on what jacket to wear. When I dress in business clothes, I only wear 1 jacket (black dickies jacket). So I finally decided on black jeans, black band shirt, black vintage motorcycle club jacket, black con's (no, I'm not goth by the way). All I need is a Cadillac and i would be a rancid song. Since it took me much longer to get ready on a casual day, does this make me gay? I'll have to check the rule book on that.



The second bad thing about Casual Wednesday, is that mentally you think that since you're in jeans at work, it must be Friday. You wake up the next morning and its only F'ing THURSDAY. This is such a cock tease to the weekend. Now I'm back at work in dress clothes with 2 more days to the weekend. Thanks! The only good that came out of casual Wednesday is that I now realize I have to do laundry before the weekend otherwise I'll have to wear dirty, smoke filled clothes. Wait, actually that's a good thing since you can still smoke in bars. F the laundry, dirty clothes here I come.

No comments: