Search

Custom Search

Friday, October 10, 2008

Didn't you notice it's raining...

Yesterday after work, I decided to grab a cup of coffee at Peets Coffee before I hit the freeway. The parking lot was crowded so I had to park a little ways away from the place. When I got out of my car, I noticed big dark clouds heading towards my direction. I remember thinking to myself "I better hurry up and get in an out before that cloud rolls through". I walk in Peets and there's only 2 people in line. I think "Perfect, in and out". Then I notice that the person standing in front of me has a menu of everything they have there. I didn't even know they had paper menu's! The lady goes up and I see her pointing to things in it and asking what they are. Now I realize this person has no idea what she's doing. So 10 minutes go by (seriously) and she's finally done asking stupid questions and ordered her drinks. I could tell she ordered more than 2 drinks. I then see her walk over to a table with 2 kids. Now I'm thinking that if she ordered more than 2 drinks, what the hell did she order for her kids. Now there are about 8 people behind me in line because this idiot took 10 mins to order. So now I'm at bat to order my drink, med non-fat latte, extra hot, no foam (ya i know that's gay, but I worked in a coffee shop in college and you get used to this shit). Boom, ordered and paid for in 30 sec's.

Now the fun begins. I walk over to where they making the drinks to wait for mine. There's is only 1 guy making the drinks. He is slow as shit. So I see that he is making the drinks for the lady in front of me in line. He immediately pulls out 3 blenders and cups of ice. Oh, and since this lady took so long, the clouds are now over the building and it's pouring rain. GREAT. So the guy starts making these blended drinks 1 at a time. I guess no one ever taught him multi-tasking in his GED classes. So now, I'm getting pissed because I've been here for over 15 minutes. By the way, WHO ORDERS COLD BLENDED DRINKS WHEN ITS 45 DEGREES OUTSIDE AND POURING RAIN. The guy makes all of her dumb drinks, then she asks to have 1 of them put into 2 cups (insert your 2 girls 1 cup joke here). Now the guy starts to make my drink. Now I've been in the damn coffee shop for 20 mins. He finishes my drink and I head towards the door. Not only is it still pouring rain, but literally the second I step foot outside, the rain turns to Hail. AWESOME. Luckily I was at Bridgeport village so they have umbrella's in front of all the stores.



Side note: Who was the genius who decided to build an outdoor mall/shopping area in a city where it rains 9 months out of the year. Good job Einstein.

I finally make it back to my car with my coffee and the umbrella. There's no way in hell I'm gonna walk back to a store to put the umbrella back, so I just tossed it into the bushes and drove off. Then I get on the freeway and bumper to bumper traffic. Just shoot me now.

1 comment:

Wine-o said...

Starbucks rules! You still have stupid people to deal with but at least you could have gotten a free drink out of this horrible ordeal.