Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Liver and Wallet Experiment

As of this week, I have decided to not drink during the work week (Mon-Thurs). I want to see how much money I can save. So far this week, I've had to go to a birthday dinner on Monday night and a bbq & bar last night. My friends were all in shock that I was not drinking (does this mean I have a problem? STOP JUDGING ME). So far here are my saving based on what I would usually order in drinks

Monday - Restaurant - 2 beers ~ $10
Tuesday - BBQ - 6 pack or 2 tall boys ~ $8
Tuesday - Bar - 3 PBR's ~ $9

I have created a graph to show the savings over a months period. Here are my assumptions:

Typically drink 2-3x's per week - For this, I will assume on the high end and use 3
Cost/week = 2 days data (above) + another $8 for a third day of drinking = $35
Weeks/month: worst case is 5 weeks



Based off of this, I will save $140 - $175 per month depending on how many weeks are in that month. Oh and maybe I'll lose some weight doing this as well, no promises.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm still going to get blacked out wasted and use lame pick-up lines in the bars on Friday and Saturday nights, just not during the week anymore.

1 comment:

Brynn and Cooper's Mom said...

Oh My Gosh you are killing me with this post. I think Ben Samuels rubbed off on you too much....:)