Search

Custom Search

Friday, October 17, 2008

The writing on the wall

I love going to bars and reading all the crap people wrote on the walls/stalls in the bathrooms. You get your typical "for a good time call _______" or "your mom's a whore". Some people get more creative and respond to them like:

"I f*cked your mother!"

and someone responded below it and said:

"Go home dad you're drunk!"

You get everything from politics, racism, sexism, drunken blabber, pictures of penis', gang tagging, band stickers... Some bars are constantly cleaning and painting the restrooms, while other embrace it. Some bars go as far as to turn the walls into chalk boards and actually provide the chalk for you to write with. I have noticed this trend popping up in bars around my neighborhood. I typically do my traditional "714" tag (the Orange County Area code!) or the old high school "squareroot 4" (or deuce). I was in a bar and saw a few funny ones last night. First, I love the cleaver people that wrote things backwards on the chalkboard so that when yer pissin or washing your hands and you look in the mirror, it says something like "Go f*ck yourself".

The one that really caught my eye that I thought was awesome is shown below. This caught my eye because I took 6 levels of calculus in college.



I found this cool web page while writing this blog dedicated strictly to bathroom writings. Check it out. I'm gonna put it in my links section too.

http://www.thewritingsonthestall.com/

1 comment:

Jagged Fel said...

I usually just write your cell # on the bathroom stall with something catchy like "for a good time call........"